For web design and graphic design consulting or Web site maintenance contracts, please see Electric Pub, which is part of University Relations.
DIT provides a range of web services to the campus community to address the growing need for tools, hosting, and specialized consulting services by departments, faculty and staff. Our services are available to all members of the University community.
- All faculty, staff and students may have Web space on TerpConnect.
- Web Hosting provides a way for a campus unit to establish and maintain a fully functional Web site while minimizing technical requirements at a reasonable cost.
- Faculty may also be eligible for space on department Web servers. Ask your technical support staff about this option.
- ELMS (powered by Blackboard) is a Web-based course management tool for faculty. You can get started by going to www.elms.umd.edu or by contacting the ELMS support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CGI Programming and Web Application Development
Contact DIT Web Services
Web graphics design and site development.
Contact Office of Internet Communications
Training and Online Information
Users must read and agree to the University's Policy on the Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources (www.umd.edu/aup). Use of DIT Web resources is subject to the terms and conditions of these Guidelines.
Each account holder must provide source (ownership) information on each file in their directories which includes your name and electronic address, an abstract of the information, including the origin, authority, and date of the material, and any known inaccuracies in the data.
Users must maintain their files in a timely and accurate manner.
Electronic mail generated by system users should be read regularly and responded to in a timely manner.
For more information, contact Project NEThics
- Electric Pub is the Web Design arm of University Publications.
- University Visual Identity Guide - the official guide for creating publications, including official university terminology, seals, and logos.